Seven digit dialing allows you to dial local phone numbers without the area code. To enable this feature, you need to specify what area code we should fill in when you dial.
- In your account go to Settings, then click the "Service" tab (under the Save and Cancel buttons).
- Scroll down to the "PBX Features" section.
- Set "7 Digit Dialing" to "Yes."
- Next to "Prefix," type the area code to use when dialing 7 digits.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save.
Please wait up to 5 minutes for the new setting to take effect.
NOTE: When dialing 7 digits, there may be a delay after dialing as your phone waits to see if you are going to dial more digits. To avoid this delay, on an IP phone you can press your phone's "Send Call" button. Residential customers using an analog phone adapter can press # after dialing to send the call immediately.