Announcement Mailboxes are to be routed to from an Auto Attendant (AA) to play the busy message in this box and then return to the beginning of the calling AA. If you route a call to an Announcement Mailbox from somewhere other than an Auto Attendant, the call will end after playing the recording.
This is helpful if you want to give your callers instructions or want them to hear a message before they get to their destination. You can also use this as a place to send unwanted calls as you can play a disconnect message and end the call.
To create an "Announcement Mailbox", in your VoicePulse for Business portal click on the "Services" tab.
Then click on "Mailboxes" in the left side menu as seen below.
Click "New Standard Mailbox".
In the "General Settings" section;
- Enter a 3 or 4 digit mailbox number in the box provided.
- Enter a name, This can also be anything you want. Make the name descriptive to the announcement.
- Enter a password. By default this is the Mailbox number. You can change it to a different number if you need.
In the "Recordings & Greetings" section;
- Click "Select File" next to "Busy Message". This will let you select a file to use as the announcement recording. You should see the file name under the "Select File" button as seen below.
In the "Mailbox Options" section;
- Click the box next to "Announcement Only".
In the "Advanced Settings" section;
- Click the box next to "Hide from Directory". This keeps this mailbox from being listed in your Company Directory.
You can leave all other setting as the default.
Scroll down and click "Save".